We’re looking for smart, dedicated and creative people to join our team. As in any startup environment, candidates who are flexible enough to fill many roles can be expected to grow quickly within the company and play a large part in shaping its future. Today, you may be working at the lab bench while tomorrow, you may be writing a patent, and the day after, you may be meeting with customers.
Assay Scientist / Engineer (Posted 05/2015)
Applicant's primary responsibility is the development, validation, and benchmarking of the Ligo-miR multiplex microRNA assay platform. The candidate will be responsible for expanding the Ligo-miR technology portfolio to perform microRNA profiling in cells and tissues, biofluids, and single cells. This position could also include potential involvement with the development of our nanotechnology based DNA and RNA extraction methods. The ideal candidate would also welcome broad exposure to all aspects of bringing a novel technology to market.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Optimization of assay design and reaction conditions
- Optimization of probe design and development of probe design algorithms
- Development of data analysis methods and algorithms
- Development of fluorescent detection methods using polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
- Development of fluorescent detection methods using high throughput capillary electrophoresis
- Development of fluorescent detection methods using our PicoSep microfluidic, single molecule DNA sizing platform
- Benchmarking against established technologies such as RT-qPCR and microarray
- Clinical sample analysis and biomarker development
- Deployment of assay technologies at academic collaborator and customer sites
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Engineering fields, Biological sciences, or Chemical sciences.
- Significant experience in molecular assay techniques including PCR, DNA ligation, nucleic acid isolation, nucleic acid probe design, and assay optimization.
- Strong understanding of the thermodynamics and biophysics of nucleic acid hybridization, probe design, enzyme kinetics, and chemical reactions
- Strong quantitative analysis, troubleshooting, and statistical analysis skills
- The ability to program in Matlab or equivalent languages for data analysis, image analysis, and bioinformatics analysis
- Experience with multiplexed assays, biomarker development, clinical diagnostics, capillary electrophoresis, single molecule analysis, and microRNA are a plus
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, leading, and performing independent research
- Additional experience in business development and guiding a product to the marketplace would also be considered.
- Anything else to help the company grow and expand!
Immediate start date
Send inquiries to: email@example.com or https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/46353614